Adoption journey

Over the past year, the Lord has been growing, teaching, and challenging our family in so many ways! We are responding to the Lord's leading and are expanding our family through the adoption of a precious baby!

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Nesting time: Meal prep

Every pregnant Momma goes through some type of nesting... this go around my nesting has included sewing and food prep (my back is too sore for it to be cleaning:) Since this is my third boy, I want to make sure all of my big boys (hubby included) stay well fed while I am on the mend. Here are a few of the foods/recipes that I'm prepping ahead of time to make life as a family of 5 (and life after C-section) a little bit easier.

My 4 and 5 year old boys love muffins! I decided instead of stocking up on the cheap muffin mixes, I would prep my own (a little healthier) muffin mixes. Hoping to make breakfast a little easier on my hubby, Granny, or my frazzled postpartum self, I put all of the dry ingredients together in storage bags with the instructions for preparation.

Cinnamon Oat Muffins
Dry ingredients:
2 cups flour (I used 1 cup oat flour + 1 cup bread flour)
1 TBSP baking powder
1 cup sugar (or splenda/sugar mix)
Note in bag says:
Preheat oven to 350
Mix 1 cup milk, 1 egg, 1/3 cup applesauce (or oil). Add dry ingredients to mixture. 
Pour into greased muffin tins and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake about 15 minutes.

I have made several larger meals and frozen half of them: meat sauce for spaghetti, BBQ crock pot beef, and  roasted turkey w/gravy. I will also be roasting 2 chickens and making several meals with the chicken, such as chicken spaghetti, chicken lasagna, and chicken tetrazzini. I'm baking several loaves of bread and freezing them for my bread loving boys! I am super thankful for my mom who is doing the same thing at her house in Mobile, AL. When she comes up to help with baby, she's bringing us frozen home-cooked meals!!

What are some ways that you have prepped and prepared for life with a new baby?

No comments:

Post a Comment