Adoption journey

Over the past year, the Lord has been growing, teaching, and challenging our family in so many ways! We are responding to the Lord's leading and are expanding our family through the adoption of a precious baby!

Friday, August 10, 2012

Cooking like Mommy!

When I was a little girl, my sister and I enjoyed pulling up chairs next to Mom while she cooked. We wanted to learn all of her incredible New Orleans recipes (crawfish etouffee, stuffed crabs, shrimp alfredo, seafood gumbo) as well as lick the beaters or spoon of anything sweet that was baking in our Louisiana kitchen. Even though we now live in Arkansas, I definitely carry out my New Orleans heritage in the kitchen! My boys love to help me in the kitchen when making bread, cakes and cookies! We also enjoy many picnics with their pretend food.

Recently I found an idea on Pinterest that combined the two activities... pretend cooking with real food! What an incredibly fun idea!!

I raided my pantry and spice cabinet and filled up a muffin pan with their "ingredients".
potatoes, pasta shapes, nuts, beans, rice, sesame seeds, rosemary, salt/sugar, oats, coffee beans

I also gave the boys a ball of flour & water for dough 
My little chefs hard at work!!
 The boys had fun measuring with measuring spoons, mixing and stirring up their own concoctions! 
The final result!!
I actually had to explain to them why we would not eat it... they begged to try it!!! 
Linking up with Let's Hear it For the Boys!!

4 comments:

  1. Great thinking! And I bet 1 taste is all it would take for them to never eat it again :) Stopping by from MOB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I'm almost let them taste it for that reason:) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

      Delete
  2. What a cool idea! I love cooking with my boys, but with my husband on a diet, I never want to actually cook stuff... I never would have thought of faking it though. Awesome! Stopping by from MOB :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! It's fun to meet other moms of boys! It looks like your 3 guys are about the same age as my 3:)

      Delete