Our family of 6 took our first camping trip last June, and honestly... it was pretty disastrous!! We planned to stay a few nights near Blanchard Springs, but stayed less than 24 hours and had outdoor temps of over 100 degrees, 2 bee stings, a sliced finger, 2 toddlers with fevers, scraped knees, burned fingers, lots of crankiness along with waterfall climbing and beautiful fun swim in a gorgeous stream next to our camp site. We used LOTS of essential oils on that trip and apparently we have forgotten the craziness, so we've planned another trip in a couple weeks to the Blue Ridge Mountains!
Here are some of the ways we are prepping for this camping trip...
- I'm bringing several oily sprays on our trip. Peppermint and water is a wonderful cooling spray for hot days. Repel Aroma is one of my new favorite oils to wear outdoors!
- Coconut oil and Lavender is good for EVERYTHING skin related! I'll bring our lip balm and body butter too. My Super Easy Youthful face cream is awesome to apply after being in the sun.
- I love this homemade sunscreen! We used it on the beach last year and will definitely bring it camping!
- We will bring stainless steel cups to drink water with YL Lemon or Peppermint Vitality essential oil.
- Thieves Spray for lots of cleanup and hand cleansing!
- Thieves Cleaner for camp cleanup.
- Homemade Thieves wipes made our trip last year easier!
- I will bring these oils (and probably a few more) because 4 boys going camping/fishing/swimming requires LOTS of oils:
- Helichrysum & Frankincense - for big owies
- Purification - because bugs live outside
- Lavender - for everything
- DiGize - for tummies
- Peace & Calming - Mama's favorite nighttime oil)
- Cedarwood - We will diffuse Lavender and Cedarwood in tent at night
- Peppermint - my favorite oil to drink in water, great for car ride through the mountains and bugs don't like it
- Thieves - immune system support
- RC - baby's favorite nighttime oil
- Lemon - for drinking and more
- Stress Away - because 6 of us in a tent ;)
- Repel Aroma
- LOTS of Ningxia Red
I would LOVE your suggestions on Camping with kids!
If you don't have essential oils yet and want to get equipped, here's a link to get started!