Adoption journey

Over the past year, the Lord has been growing, teaching, and challenging our family in so many ways! We are responding to the Lord's leading and are expanding our family through the adoption of a precious baby!

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Faith of a child... I am overjoyed!

I was just eavesdropping on my 4 and 5 year old boys playing together in the corner on our classroom floor. They were having the sweetest story time together; my 5 year old's "toy" was telling a story to my 4 year old's "toy"... the story of Jesus. As I began listening, I over heard him talking about the disciples together at the last supper. I heard him say, "Take this bread, this is my body broken for you." My 4 year old then asked, "what about the drink?" Evan responds, "This is my blood, do this in remembrance of me." He continues telling the story of how Jesus then went to the Garden of Gethsemane and prayed, telling almost every detail of Jesus dying on the cross. He went on by talking about the resurrection, and who Jesus appeared to... with details of the room of disciples, the men on the road to Emmaus, and when they recognized that it was Jesus. 


I am overjoyed as I see my son's love for the Lord, his love for the Bible, and his love for telling the story of Christ to others! Lately my 5 year old has been talking a lot about when we're missionaries... it's amazing to see God giving my son a heart for the nations so early in life. 
Jesus Storybook Bible


Lord, I am overwhelmed and overjoyed! You are so good, gracious and faithful. Lord thank you for the work you are doing in my boys! Thank You for children that love You and point to YOU. Thank you for salvation. I have prayed for You to bring salvation to our home and You are faithful, as always. Father please continue to bring salvation.... show us the depth of your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment